I Received a Backflow Letter…What Should I Do Next?

Have you received an inquiry letter from your town requiring you to provide a back flow testing certificate? Have you applied for a building permit that requires you to complete backflow testing before you receive the certificate of occupancy? This is all part of the local towns DEP to protect the public water from contamination.

The towns are spending millions to maintain pure water and they want to prevent contamination from entering the water systems from external sources. The backflow preventer valve is made for this.

Usually you have 30 days to reply and provide the town’s DEP with the certificate signed by a certified backflow tester which approves the backflow within your building. Preventing to provide this letter on time will result in a second note.

If you receive a third note, your water may be shut down if you are not in accordance with the local town’s code as required by the backflow protections program.

We can help you pass the inspection and conduct the test. It is a fairly easy process. Most of the time you do not need to repair the backflow and we provide you with a signed certificate on the spot which will enable you to submit to the town and satisfy the its requirements.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. We are available 7 days a week for backflow tests.

We also provide free backflow onsite analysis for new clients contact us at: 201-540-0980.